The #1 thing all coaches look for in any player is their ability to skate. Whether you play House League or Rep. – at any age level, SKATING IS THE KEY.
In order to accomplish anything on the ice – you must know how to move – efficiently and with power, in all directions and do so while not having to think about it. Players must be able to stop and start, accelerate, turn, and create power in their crossovers (forwards and backwards), all while reacting to the play and the puck.
UNITAS HOCKEY – Power Skating specialists in York Region for the past 30 years. Our unique Power Skating instruction can help improve length of stride and power on skates. See the ’sessions‘ page for upcoming programs in Aurora, Newmarket, and Stouffville – Preseason, Christmas, March Break, Pre-Tryout and Summer Hockey School.
Coaches - email or call to ask about TEAM Power Skating Sessions we do with all levels of competitive teams.
Teams & Leagues we are working with on a regular basis for the 2014/15 season:
- Scarborough Sharks Peewee A
- East Gwillimbury Minor Atom A
- Aurora Tigers PW AE
- Stouffville Markham Girls Hockey Assn. – power skating for all house league teams
- Aurora Minor Hockey – power skating for the Atom division
- Unionville Minor Hockey – power skating for Mini-Mite and Mite divisions
- Stouffville Minor Hockey – power skating for IP and Novice